Public Meetings October 2
CITY OF SARNIA NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETINGS
Please be advised that public meetings of City Council are scheduled for Monday, October 2, 2017, at 4:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall, to hear the applications listed below. Please check with the City Clerk for the time when these applications will be dealt with.
Persons wishing to speak to these applications are requested to notify the City Clerk on or before noon, Wednesday, September 27, 2017, in order to be placed on the agenda, although anyone in attendance will be given an opportunity to address Council on these matters.
Official Plan Amendment No. 4 (OPA #4) and Rezoning Application 5-2017-85 of 2002 submitted by Bright’s Grove Golf Club Inc. The lands are located between the south extension of Estella, Robert and James Street and Lakeshore Road in Bright’s Grove and are addressed as 1992 Estella Street. (see Zoning Change Map)
DETAILS OF THESE APPLICATIONS:
These Applications are proposing to:
- Change the designation of the subject lands from a “Major Open Space” designation to an “Urban Residential” designation. The boundary of the OPA follows the zoning boundaries; and
- Change the zoning on five (5) areas of the subject lands (as shown on the map below) from:
- Area 1 – Major Open Space 1 (MOS1) to Urban Residential 1-Holding (UR1-H);
- Area 2 – Major Open Space 1 (MOS1) to Urban Residential 4-Holding (UR4-H);
- Area 3 – Major Open Space 1 (MOS1) to Urban Residential 1-Holding (UR1-H);
- Area 4 – Interim Use 1 (IU1) to Urban Residential 1-Holding (UR1-H);
- Area 5 – Interim Use 1 (IU1) to Major Open Space 1 (MOS1).
The proposed OPA and Zoning changes are to allow for the development of the 4.5 ha (11.1 acre) approximate area of lands for a total of 74 residential lots, proposed as follows:
- 8 single detached residential lots to be developed in a Plan of Subdivision on a public right-of-way;
- 17 townhouse dwelling units to be developed in a Plan of Condominium on a private road; and
- 49 vacant land residential dwelling lots to be developed in a Plan of Condominium on a private road.
3. The remaining southern 8.06 ha portion of the land south of Cow Creek - not subject of the OPA and Zoning, would be re-developed with a 9-hole – par-3 golf course, with a clubhouse and associated parking to be relocated to the south-eastern corner. Access to the clubhouse would be from Lakeshore Road.
The proposed development, if approved, would occur in accordance with approved Subdivision and Condominium Plans and a Site Plan Development Control Agreement.
For more information about these applications, contact the Planning and Building Department, 3rd Floor, City Hall, anytime during business hours (Tel. 519 332-0330 Ext. 3344); forward E-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org
A planning rationale, servicing feasibility study, traffic assessment study, stormwater management calculations and conceptual site layout plan are submitted with these applications. These documents are available in the Planning and Building Department at Sarnia City Hall, located on the third floor at 255 Christina Street North, or can be viewed at http://planning.smartsarnia.com/
Copies of the comments of the various City Hall Departments and other agencies who have reviewed these Applications, the Planning Department's Planning Reports with Recommendations, and copies of the proposed Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendments will be available at the Planning and Building Department, 3rd Floor, City Hall, on or after Friday, September 29, 2017.
Council Agendas (with staff reports) are posted on the City’s website at www.sarnia.ca or can be obtained from the Clerk’s Department, 2nd Floor City Hall, on Friday, September 29, 2017.
PLANNING ACT INFORMATION FOR REZONINGS
If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submissions to the Council of the Corporation of the City of Sarnia before the by-law is passed, the person or public body:
- is not entitled to appeal the decision of the Council of the Corporation of the City of Sarnia to the Ontario Municipal Board; and
- may not be added as a party to the hearing of an appeal before the Ontario Municipal Board unless, in the opinion of the Board, there are reasonable grounds to do so.
PLANNING ACT INFORMATION FOR OFFICIAL PLAN AMENDMENTS
a) If you wish to be notified of the adoption of the proposed official plan amendment, or of the refusal of a request to amend the Official Plan, you must make a written request to the City of Sarnia, P. O. Box 3018, 255 Christina St. North, Sarnia, Ontario N7T 7N2.
b) If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submissions to the City of Sarnia before the official plan amendment is adopted, the person or public body:
i) is not entitled to appeal the decision of the County of Lambton to the Ontario Municipal Board; and
ii) may not be added as a party to the hearing of an appeal before the Ontario Municipal Board unless, in the opinion of the Board, there are reasonable grounds to add the person or public body as a party.
This article was posted Thursday, August 31, 2017 11:01 AM
- [ 1,004.5 KB ]Public Notice
What is PDF? PDF stands for Portable Document Format and is a way of distributing documents over networks while ensuring they always print the same. To view PDF files, you need either the Foxit Reader or Adobe Reader