County Council Highlights - May 2
By County of Lambton
Wyoming, ON – At its regular meeting Wednesday, May 2, 2018, Lambton County Council:
- Endorsed a resolution from Plympton-Wyoming Town Council directing the permanent closure of Mandaumin Library and the reallocation of the branch's 12 hours a week to libraries in Camlachie and Wyoming.
- Heard a presentation from staff and residents at North Lambton Lodge and students and teachers from Kinwood Central School in Forest regarding the Community Robotics Project at the County Long-Term Care Home.
- Directed staff to provide a revised Branch Hours of Opening Policy for Council's consideration and noted that the report should incorporate metrics such as Wi-Fi usage, community demographic data, and passive library use and should be informed by consultation with local municipalities.
- Requested a staff report clarifying how the standard of accountability for Councillors is proposed to change under Bill 160.
- Approved the Affordable Rental Housing Proposal by Habitat for Humanity Sarnia/Lambton and recommended it to the Ministry of Housing for funding under the Rental Housing Component of the Investment in Affordable Housing Program Extension.
- Noted that the May 16, 2018 meetings of Committee A.M. and Committee P.M. will be held at Lambton Heritage Museum near Grand Bend.
- Noted that Council will next meet in Open Session Wednesday, June 6, 2018.
Communications & Marketing Coordinator
County of Lambton
519-845-0809 ext. 5214
This article was posted Wednesday, May 2, 2018 1:14 PM
- [ 109.5 KB ]County Council May 2
What is PDF? PDF stands for Portable Document Format and is a way of distributing documents over networks while ensuring they always print the same. To view PDF files, you need either the Foxit Reader or Adobe Reader