County Council Highlights - Nov 7, 2018
By County of Lambton
Wyoming, ON – At its regular meeting Wednesday, November 7, 2018, Lambton County Council:
- Recognized, through the presentation of plaques, the donations of: the North Lambton Lodge (The Lodge) Auxiliary for its generous donation and ongoing support to the residents of The Lodge; the Marshall Gowland Manor Residents' Council for its Backpack Donation Program; Don and Anne McGugan for their generous donation to support access to therapeutic programs and equipment at the Lambton Meadowview Villa; Ian McLean and Pamela Seaton McLean for their generous donation to the Judith & Norman Alix Art Gallery in memory of Robert and Dolores Seaton; Ron Van Horne for his generous donation of important artifacts to the collection that preserves and celebrates our rich history at Lambton Heritage Museum; and Kathleen Gillespie for her generous donation to the Cultural Services Division.
- Recognized the generous bequest made by James Henry in support of the Grand Bend Library.
- Passed a By-Law appointing Ms. Nicole Coles and Ms. Jamie Garrison as Building Inspectors for the County of Lambton.
- Requested staff report back to Council on horticultural maintenance options for the roundabout at County Road #26 (Mandaumin Road) and County Road #7 (Old Lakeshore Road).
- Endorsed the County's Winter Operations Plan for the 2018/19 season.
- Finalized an agreement with the Municipality of Southwest Middlesex for the provision of Ontario Building Code Act administration and enforcement services.
- Directed staff to use additional funding of $125,000 from the grant for the Age-Friendly Community Development Project to support operations of the Community Paramedicine pilot program locally and further directed staff to continue working with stakeholders to secure 100% permanent base funding to cover the program's annual shortfall.
- Directed Lambton Public Health to accept Noelle's Gift Foundation's donation of $28,000 in support of the 40 Student Nutrition Programs across Lambton County.
- Recognized outgoing Councillors Andy Bruziewicz (Sarnia) Todd Case (Warwick), Peter Gilliland (St. Clair), Anne Marie Gillis (Sarnia), Bev MacDougall (Sarnia), John McCharles (Petrolia), and Don McGugan (Brooke-Alvinston) for their years of commitment and service as Lambton County Councillors.
- Noted that the 2018-2022 term of Lambton County Council will begin with the Election of the County Warden and Deputy Warden at 9 a.m., Wednesday, December 12, 2018.
Communications & Marketing Coordinator
County of Lambton
519-845-0809 ext. 5214
This article was posted Wednesday, November 7, 2018 2:02 PM
- [ 145.7 KB ]Council Highlights - November 7, 2018
What is PDF? PDF stands for Portable Document Format and is a way of distributing documents over networks while ensuring they always print the same. To view PDF files, you need either the Foxit Reader or Adobe Reader