BMA Municipal Study
Sarnia participates in a comparative survey conducted by BMA Management Consulting Inc., that includes financial data from 105 Ontario municipalities.
The executive summary at the beginning of the 2016 BMA Study shows the City of Sarnia's results for:
- Population Statistics
- Household Income
- Municipal Net Levy per person
- Taxes and Comparison of Relative Taxes
- 2016 Comparison of Water and Sewer User Costs
- 2016 Property Taxes and Water/Waste water Costs as a percentage of Income
It is anticipated that the consolidation of the financial and economic indicators contained in the Municipal Study will achieve the following goals and objectives:
- To help municipal decision makers in assessing market conditions.
- To understand the unique characteristics of each municipality
- To understand the relationship between various controllable and uncontrollable factors in addressing a municipality’s competitive opportunities and challenges
- To develop a database of material that can be updated in future years to assess progress and establish targets
- To create awareness of the trends and the potential need to modify policies
- To assist in aligning municipal decisions in property taxation with other economic development programs and initiatives
- To assist municipalities in developing a long term strategy for property taxation to achieve municipal competitive objectives in targeted property classes
- To create a baseline source of information that will assist municipalities in addressing specific areas of concern and to gain a better understanding of how other municipalities have addressed similar concerns
- To understand the impact of reassessment and growth
To view the report, please click on the link below.
If you would like to purchase a copy of the report in its entirety, the cost is $50.00, and can be ordered by contacting the Finance Department at 519-332-0330 ext 3254 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like the documents below in an alternate format, please contact the Accessibility Coordinator at 519-332-0330 extension 3307 or email@example.com.
- [ 6.58 MB ]2016 BMA Municipal Study - Part 1
- [ 6.71 MB ]2016 BMA Municipal Study - Part 2
- [ 1.59 MB ]2015 BMA Municipal Study - Part 1
- [ 3.63 MB ]2015 BMA Municipal Study - Part 2
- [ 5.53 MB ]2014 BMA Muncipal Study
- [ 5.07 MB ]2013 BMA Municipal Study
- [ 4.71 MB ]2012 BMA Municipal Study
- [ 3.31 MB ]2011 BMA Municipal Study - Part 1
- [ 4.11 MB ]2011 BMA Municipal Study - Part 2
- [ 4.75 MB ]2010 BMA Municipal Study
- [ 4.68 MB ]2009 BMA Municipal Study
What is PDF? PDF stands for Portable Document Format and is a way of distributing documents over networks while ensuring they always print the same. To view PDF files, you need either the Foxit Reader or Adobe Reader
This page was reviewed or revised on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 12:49 PM