UPCOMING SARNIA COUNCIL MEETINGS
Monday, February 27, 2017 – 4:00 p.m. Council Chambers – Regular Council Meeting.
Monday, March 20, 2017 – 4:00 p.m. Council Chambers – Regular Council Meeting.
Agendas are available on the City’s website and through the Clerk’s Department, 2nd Floor, City Hall.
SARNIA POLICE SERVICES BOARD
An open meeting of the Sarnia Police Services Board will be held on Thursday February 23, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. at the Police Services Building Board Room on the 2nd Floor. A closed meeting may be held before the open meeting.
COMMUNITY MEETING NOTICE
Please be advised that City Council has authorized staff to issue a Request for Proposals concerning the sale of the Sarnia General Hospital (SGH) site, except for the EMS lands.
A Sarnia General Hospital Stakeholders’ Input Workshop will be held on February 28, 2017 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the Lambton College Event Centre, 1485 London Road, Sarnia. The purpose of this workshop is to gain community input and perspectives on the redevelopment of the site.
Information about the SGH site is available for the public’s review at www.sarnia.ca. Inquiries about this meeting may be made by contacting Alan Shaw, Director of Planning, Building & By-Law at 519-332-0527 ext. 3270 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
PUBLIC INPUT MEETING
Staff is holding a public input meeting on Monday March 13th, 2017 from 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm in Committee Room #2, City Hall to receive public input regarding consideration of sidewalk cycling.
Comments or suggestions can also be forwarded by mail to the Traffic Engineering Department, City Hall, 255 North Christina Street, PO BOX 3018, Sarnia, ON N7T 7N2 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PUBLIC INFORMATION MEETING
The City of Sarnia By-Law Enforcement Department is holding a public information meeting to discuss enforcement and municipal by-laws. Information will be provided on the following by-laws: Lot Maintenance, Property Standards, Dogs and Cats, Fence, Sign, and Pool.
Date: Monday, March 6, 2017
Time: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Location: Council Chambers, Sarnia City Hall, 255 Christina Street N.
For more information please contact Adam MacDonald of the By-Law Enforcement Department at 519-332-0330 ext. 3220 or email email@example.com.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
Please be advised that a public meeting of City Council for REZONING APPLICATION 7-2016-85 OF 2002 is scheduled for Monday, March 20, 2017 at 4:00 p.m in the Council Chambers at City Hall. This meeting was previously scheduled for Monday, February 27, 2017 at 4:00 p.m and has been deferred to allow for the completion of further studies. Please check with the City Clerk for the time when this application will be dealt with.
Persons wishing to speak to this application are requested to notify the City Clerk on or before noon, Wednesday, March 15, 2017 in order to be placed on the agenda, although anyone in attendance will be given an opportunity to address Council on this matter.
REZONING APPLICATION 7-2016-85 OF 2002 is a City-initiated general amendment to the City’s Zoning By-law No. 85 of 2002. The proposed changes would bring the City’s zoning regulations into conformity with the Planning Act, which requires municipalities to permit secondary dwelling units in single detached, semi-detached and townhouse dwellings.
More specifically, the following changes are proposed to Zoning By-law 85 of 2002:
- Amend Section 2 to add a definition for “Dwelling Unit, Secondary” and modify definitions for “Dwelling, Converted” and “Habitable Room”;
- Add a new Subsection 3.10(4) to regulate secondary dwelling units, which would include:
- minimum and maximum floor areas;
- minimum lot sizes;
- exterior alteration restrictions; and
- restrictions in natural hazard areas and areas where servicing is insufficient or not available;
- Amend Section 3.37(2)(a) to require a minimum of one parking space for a secondary dwelling unit;
- Amend Section 8.1 by removing “A converted single detached dwelling containing not more than 2 dwelling units” as a permitted use;
- Delete Section 8.2.2. in its entirety; and
- Amend Zoning Map Parts 1-83 of Zoning By-law by replacing them with updated Zoning maps that would include approved Official Plan natural hazard mapping.
The proposed By-law amendment would apply City-wide and for this reason no map is provided.
For more information about this application, contact the Planning and Building Department, 3rd Floor, City Hall, anytime during business hours (Tel. 519 332-0330 Ext. 3344); forward E-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copies of the comments of the various City Hall Departments and other agencies who have reviewed this application, the Planning Department's planning report with recommendation, and copies of the proposed zoning by-law amendment will be available at the Planning and Building Department, 3rd Floor, City Hall, on or after Friday, March 17, 2017.
Council agendas are posted on the City’s website at www.sarnia.ca or can be obtained from the Clerk’s Department, 2nd Floor City Hall, on Friday, March 17, 2017.
PLANNING ACT INFORMATION
- If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submissions to the Council of The Corporation of the City of Sarnia before the by-law is passed, the person or public body is not entitled to appeal the decision of The Corporation of the City of Sarnia to the Ontario Municipal Board.
- If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting, or make written submissions to the Council of The Corporation of the City of Sarnia before the by-law is passed, the person or public body may not be added as a party to the hearing of an appeal before the Ontario Municipal Board unless, in the opinion of the Board, there are reasonable grounds to do so.
Please be advised that waste collection containers set out for collection cannot exceed 121 L or 32 gal.
Items placed for collection by the various contractors must be on the boulevard (grass part of property behind curb) or driveway. Materials CANNOT be placed in the gutter or on the roadway.
For more information please contact Frank Velle, Waste Reduction Accounts Supervisor at 519-332-0330 Ext. 2226.
This page was reviewed or revised on Friday, February 17, 2017 9:38 AM