Transportation Master Plan
Get Around Sarnia’s Transportation Master Plan
IBI Group has been working on the Transportation Master Plan (TMP) for the past year. The plan called “Get Around", Sarnia’s Transportation Master Plan was developed around the following objectives:
- Identify existing and future levels of travel demand throughout the City.
- Outline the transportation infrastructure needed to ensure safe and efficient movement of people, goods and service for the economic growth and prosperity of the City.
- Develop polices and guidelines for all modes of transportation in the city, including walking, cycling, transit, goods movement and roads, and that also support rail, air and marine service.
- Review Sarnia Transit and Care-a-Van services to provide recommendations for improved service delivery and efficiency.
The TMP is organized into two parts:
- Volume 1, Transportation Master Plan addressing roads, traffic signals, downtown parking and active transportation (cycling and walking);
- Volume 2, Public Transit Master Plan addressing public transit needs for both conventional and Care-a-Van services.
Volume 1 has been completed in draft and is attached to this page. Volume 1 also contains a summary of the main findings and recommendations for transit, while more detailed information is to be provided in Volume 2.
As of May 5th, Volume 2 has been completed in draft by IBI Group and approved by Council. Volume 2 consists of three separate but related reports: the Conventional Transit Service Plan, the Care-a-Van Program Review, and a Transit Technology Plan. Draft copies of all three reports can be found below. The intent is to provide a period of review and comment for both Volumes and host an additional Public Information Centre meeting on May 22, 2014 for the entire study.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to the ‘Get Around’ plan, please provide them to the following email which has been established for public input –the email address is email@example.com
Notice of the Public information Centre meeting will be completed through the City’s web page and media releases, including the Civic Corner and local radio.
- [ 53.1 KB ]June 30, 2014 Council Report
- [ 6.23 MB ]Get Around Sarnia Final Report
- [ 6.80 MB ]Appendix A - Consultation Material
- [ 272.9 KB ]Appendix B - Traffic Signal System Technical Report
- [ 412.7 KB ]Appendix C - Transportation Impact Study Guidelines
- [ 25.7 KB ]Appendix D - Example Pedestrian Charter
- [ 53.6 KB ]Appendix E - Walkway Infill Program Candidate Projects
- [ 50.4 KB ]Appendix F - Urban Bike Network Proposed Bikeways
- [ 206.7 KB ]Appendix G - Conceptual Bikeway Cross-Sections
- [ 310.9 KB ]Appendix H - Bibliography of Active Transportation Design Guidelines
- [ 2.36 MB ]Executive Summary
- [ 9.00 MB ]Master Plan - Final
- [ 172.3 KB ]Marketing Plan
- [ 214.7 KB ]Care-A-Van Final Report
- [ 52.7 KB ]Care-A-Van Draft Application Form
- [ 462.2 KB ]Task 3 Implementation
What is PDF? PDF stands for Portable Document Format and is a way of distributing documents over networks while ensuring they always print the same. To view PDF files, you need either the Foxit Reader or Adobe Reader
This page was reviewed or revised on Friday, June 27, 2014 3:19 PM